Friday, February 1, 2013

Boy Style

Unemployment equals poverty equals an empty wallet. I can't remember the last time I bought something, which means two things: if I can't shop, I'll settle for drooling on my keyboard instead, and my siblings' wardrobes become open property.

And the one I've been raiding the most is my 12 year old brother's. 

The sports luxe trend is one I never thought I'd embrace. I hate sports, as anyone who knows me will attest to. Why would you want to run around and get all red in the face and hot? Beats me. Anyway, watching photographer/model/ideal best girl friend/blogger Zanita throw together her tomboy style (especially a few months ago when she was in Europe) really started to pull me around. 
Bomber jackets, caps, cons and sneakers matched with jeans or the odd flippy skater skirt suddenly seemed relaxed, cool, and edgy. These were clothes for the girl that was comfortable in herself. Moving back to Australia from England I've been really struggling with what I want to wear. I find Sydney so much dressier than London, and in rebellion I want to be wearing slouchy jackets, and white converse sneakers with skirts. This from a girl who thinks it's ok to wear heels around the house just because you're bored.

Photo credit: Zanita

No comments:

Post a Comment